I had a large church ask Me the same question,  I  did not have a answer but
I sent them this info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_repeater

I do see things advertized that allegedly will help, I "am sure on this list
We will have someone with more knowledge about it

Good Luck

Don KA9QJG

We converted an old Kroger grocery store into a charter school. The building
has metal roofing and lots of steel beams, making it very difficult to get a
good signal on our Nextel and At&T cell phones. So far we have installed
antennas and amplifiers, to no avail.

We would like to pay someone to visit the school and make everything work.

Any suggestions.

R. Dale Dowell, CFO
Focus Learning Academy