From: Scott Zimmerman
Date: 30/07/2009 11:08:31
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Hp 8921a test set

  Ian,

I did the same thing. (easy to do isn't it!!)

I ran the internal tests before and after the repairs and there was a
significant difference. That's what I did to be sure it was working OK.
I must admit, it's probably not as good as sending it somewhere for
calibration, but on a ham budget, it works OK enough.

You could always hook your HT to the I/O port and check sensitivity then
connect it to the duplex port and see if it's about the same. That's a
REAL easy benchmark.

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC