I'm not aware of any closed repeaters in the WDC area.  In the VA-Md-DC area
perhaps a half dozen noted as (c) by T-MARC. There are dozens of repeaters in
the WDC area that go unused day after day after day with a little use in the
evenings by a few hand fulls of civil defense volunteers. There is no spectrum
use issue. Perhaps as the commentator noted, there are too many low power
repeater pairs that perhaps preclude the installation of better coverage
systems. I tend to think there are some that hog freq. pairs purely for
egocentric reasons.

SO, where is the beef - MURRAY?  Who cares if there are a few closed repeaters?
 Not me.  What I'd like to see is the GMRA provisioning PL on their repeater
which is just 15KHz down from ours. As trustee I get tired of silly request
from the GMRA asking us to do something about our users who occassionaly bring
up their OPEN NON PL'd repeater ;-))

My subjective opinion of one...please flame direct and spare the reflector
members ;-)

73,
dave
wa3gin