Hi Jim & All,

Thanks for the info & responses.

I took down the 224 & found that the N connector on the
end wasn't quite up to snuff.  I am going to put a
ham antenna on it - think it's a ringo2 or some such thing,
just to see how an antenna with good swr will work in the
desense arena.

Then I'll put up a different 224 & see how it goes.

I did see the posting about how to lower the frequency
of a 224.  Not sure I want to go that route, but might
in the end!

I built a small matching unit that I'll try out... basically
a tuner that will go between the duplexer & feedline.

One of the guys talked about using a smith chart & putting
some stubs at the feed line which would change the matching.

gee, lots of things to experiment with.  That's the <fun> of
it no? :-o

Thanks again, & I'll post my progress.

Tim  W5FN