Eric Lemmon wrote:

> Randy,
>
> Rather than scan large schematics piecemeal, simply take the sheets to a
> commercial graphics shop (some Kinko's may have the 11 by 17
> equipment) and
> have them scan the document in one piece. My local graphics shop can
> handle
> huge schematics, so I take all Motorola and GE fold-out sheets (which
> are up
> to 34 inches wide) and have them scanned directly to PDF and put on a
> CD or
> thumb drive.
>
> 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

I find the easiest way to make copies larger than a scanner can handle
is to use a camera.
Just mount it on the wall with reasonable amount of light and make sure
you are square to the wall.
Then using a lower ISO like 50 or 100, make several exposures and just
pick the best one.

If you have the images scanned in you can download a panorama stiching
program to put them together.

Herm
K2AVA

<*> Your email settings: