You hit the nail on the head.
This is an AIR CORE transformer with resonant windings on each side.

The video is pure infomercial.

What about the energy to run the 'primary' while the secondary is missing?
And the 50% efficiency is pretty low compared today's switching power supplies.

Smoke and mirrors.
Ignore the man behind the curtain.

WalterH