If i read your post correctly, you are trying to achieve omni coverage
and downtilt while maintaining a high level of antenna gain.

I think that you will only achieve what you want by using electrical
downtilting in the antenna.  Otherwise you are going to have to trade
off something.

I might try using a lower gain omni antenna since the concept of
antenna gain is basically "squashing the doughnut" (if you have seen
the illustration of a doughnut on it's side as representative of the
pattern of the antenna radiation pattern for an omni antenna) in that
as antenna gain increases, vertical beamwidth decreases.

Try a 6dB or 3dB omni (if available for your frequency range) and see
if that improves the closer coverage.  It might also have the benefit
of reducing interference from distant stations.

In re-reading you original post I see that you have 2-120 degree
sector antennas spaced 60 degrees apart.  While this is an area that I
don't have practical experience in, I recall that overlapping antenna
patterns can be additive or subtractive.  I would change the spacing
so that the antennas are 120 degrees apart and see if that doesn't
improve the overall performance.

Milt
N3LTQ