My main machine has one of the new Arcom 3-port delay modules. I wasn't overly impressed with the previous Arcom one, but the new one is a really nice board.

On Oct 23, 2009, at 2:48 PM, skipp025 wrote:

> Cort Buffington <c...@...> wrote:
> Let's not forget that eliminating a noise crash isn't
> the only reason for an audio delay.

another Amen from the crowd...

> Helping my echolink node not get confused about
> what it is supposed to listen to is my primary purpose
> for having the delay.

Audio delay lines are killer (great) for use with VOX
(voice) operated logic... and a must have for many
simulcast transmission packages.

> The audio delay keeps the first blip of DTMF from getting
> decoded by anything other than the controller.

Yeah, but it doesn't keep that pesky kid with his VOX
operated tape recorder on the repeater input from having
a go at the control codes. So we figured out a way to
deal with that issue and have a little fun with him at
the same time.

Arcom (Ken) has a new type of ADM for the 210 Controller.
It's pretty neat if you want to experiment around with a
very fairly priced circuit.

s.

--
Cort Buffington