From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MCH
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:38 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] PG&E Smart Meter Program

They cleared out 440, but I didn't think they cleared out the 450-470
Land Mobile band, too, did they? Land Mobile uses much higher power TXs
which would be that much more of a problem than these flea power
transmitters.

Joe M.

Mark wrote:
> Skipp,
>
> Isn't this close enough to PAVE PAWS to cause some problems? They
basically
> cleared the 440 band out...
>
> Literally millions of transmitters potentially interfering with the
RADAR...
> Hmmmmmm. This sounds like it could get interesting.
>
> Mark - N9WYS

<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>  On Behalf Of skipp025

> For those of us out here on the West (Left) Coast... PG&E
> our Electricity Provider has started their Smart Meter
> program, where the meter reading will now be done by RF
> Communications.
>
> I had concerns about the equipment causing interference
> so I called and received the following information.
>
> RF Frequency Range of operation 450-470 MHz
> FSK Modulation
> Power Out - reported 100 to 300 mW, 200mW typical.
> Reporting Time - once every 4 to 6 hours.
>
> Who's going to pay for it... you the customer.
>
> cheers,
> s.

11/11/09