Wider splits would be nice.  Usable duplexers would be more available and less
costly.  .

-----Original Message-----
From: "wb6dgn" <tallins...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 05:03:52
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: ACSSB

"another interesting thing would be to see 2 meter repeaters go to 2 or 3 mhz
splits and employ some form of efficient modulation mode instead of the same
old 10 khz fm."

Actually, it's happening now.  There's a very dedicated (and, apparently, very
wealthy) group of hams using the Public Safety P25 digital protocol on both VHF
HB and UHF ham bands with some discussion of trying it on 900 as well.  Even on
the ham market, that equipment isn't cheap and well out of my area of interest.
 As for the wider splits, performance is such that I see no reason to change
now.  In the '60s, that may have been a good idea.
Tom DGN

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Robert P. Chrysafis"