>From my experience, the Model 38 and 48 will not do reverse burst.

I did however use a Arcomm audio delay board and accomplished the same results.

http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/rc210/rad.html

Then I decided I want a repeater controller capable of additional ports and
dropped the Model 48 I was using and went with the Arcom RC-210 and Com Spec
SS-64 encoders with reverse burst built-in.

http://www.com-spec.com/ss64.htm

Randy