From: Eric Lemmon <wb6...@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] uniden key
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 3:39 PM

Kevin,

The chances are good that at least one domestic key made for file cabinets,
storage lockers, and screen or garage door locks will slide easily into the
Takigen lock on a Uniden radio. Once such a key blank is found, the cuts
from a genuine Uniden radio key can be cut into that blank and- Voila!

Rather than trying to track down the exact Takigen key or key blank, perhaps
a better plan is to take either the Uniden lock mechanism- or the whole
radio unit if necessary- to a good lock shop, so that the locksmith can try
a number of standard key blanks to find the one or more that fits into the
lock. Then, the genuine Takigen key can be "decoded" using standard key cut
procedures to determine the proper notch depths. Once this is done, we can
post the results for all to see and benefit from. Give a locksmith data of
the form "Cuts 3-1-6-4-2 on an ILCO X239B blank" will result in a key that
works.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY