Hi Folks,

I've acquired a MSTR II mobile that has already been placed in
repeater service, with a large control box, etc attached via
the main connector on the front of the radio.

I'm planning on removing all of the external stuff (speaker, etc)
to make it as self contained as possible.  Found a wealth of
info here on RB.

Since I'm looking at using it as a solar pwr'd repeater, what
is the best way to turn the power down (without making a bunch
of spurs along with it)?

The model# tag is no longer attached, but the final PCB has
the number:  PL19D416964G1REVF.

It is VHF, and has 4 power transistors across the board.

I've heard that running the amp at less than rated power isn't
a good thing to do.

thanks,

Tim