At 08:36 AM 12/11/2009, NORM KNAPP wrote:

>Agreed, but here we have many '750's running at 50watts and have had
>no issues. Of course, they are not transmitting 24/7.

<----As an Authorized Kenwood Dealer, we have "a ton" of TKR's that
we sold into amateur service, running either 40 (UHF) or 50 (VHF)
watts with no ill effects. Sure, they're not 24/7 keydown but since
the redesigned PA, we simply don't see failures. And while we can't
"officially" recommend it, we've never seen a problem from  doing so.

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"