If you made a simple voltage divider that would give you around 12VDc
from the 148VDC power plant you could use a circuit like this to watch
the voltage change:

http://dev.emcelettronica.com/howto-monitor-lead-acid-batteries-charge

The LM3914 would give you high/low outputs at the LED lights to trigger
an input?  You'd have to do some experimenting.

73, Joe, K1ike