I got the harnesses at no charge from Andrew. I contacted customer support and
told them I had 3 fairly new DB224's (2 a models and a b model) that had water
intrusion/contamination in the harness where they were supposedly seal by the
factory. I offered pictures and they accepted. Upon seeing the photos they
asked that I give them serial numbers and requested I send the defective
harnesses to them. I did and they offered and I accepted replacement harnesses.
The two db224's that I have (personally) are the A models. The B model belongs
to my shop. I often end up with abandoned and or defective db224's and other
antennas as I work for a two way land mobile dealer/shop. Unfortunately, I have
yet to get any DB224e's or any DB304's, just tons of DB224a's and an occasional
DB224b.
Hats off to Andrew for shipping me free replacement harnesses. I am still gonna
ScotchKote those moldings regaurdelss.
If you look at the attached photoes from my initial post, you will see that the
open 25" VB-8 (50 ohm) stub is 12.5" from the "T" where the top half and bottom
halves of the harness come together, down the main feed to the hardline (or
whatever you feed the antenna with).
Last night I connected the Sitemaster up again and I noticed the the SWR will
come down some when I firmly secure the harness to the mast with the metal
tape. How far down remains to be seen. I will keep you posted.
73 and thanks!
de N5NPO
Norm

<<winmail.dat>>