  From: AJ
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:39 AM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Anyone work on a Radio Specialty Mfg Mountain Top
Repeater before?

  I have not one but two of these gems sitting in my office right now... 2
channel crystal controlled repeaters in a nice battleship grey cabinet. I
believe BLM used these here in the western states for quite a long while before
switching to Daniels.

  A factory test sheet in one of the 3 service manuals I have specifies .15 uV
sensitivity at 12 dB quieting; .21 UV sensitivity at 20 dB quieting with a
whopping 8 ma draw in standby, swinging to 1.8 amps in repeat. Overall looking
at the design, it appears quite logically laid out. Looks like power output is
around 8 watts and factory spec was 145 to 174 MHz in 1983.

  We're looking at rerocking it for 147 MHz as a portable repeater in a Pelican
case with a Q2220 duplexer... ICM has already quoted $21 a rock with a 2 week
lead time.

  Any one have a chance to work on one of these before?