I have to stick my nose into this one.  Use balanced audio ESPECIALLY if
there is any other strong RF at or near your site.  140 feet is a good
AM broadcast antenna!  Shield grounds for your cable should be at one
end (best bet is at the controller for everything!)  It also might be
wise to snap on an RF choke at each end of the cable, after all ... you
don't need any strong RF on your analog signaling lines to get rectified
somewheres and present you with a locked up or in-operable repeater.

my 0.02

James WJ1D