At 07:19 PM 03/01/10, you wrote:
>Hello to the group-
>I have a chance to bid on some spectras offered at a local auction.
>The model number is D35FGA5JB5AK- which makes them 30 watt, 800 Mhz
>trunked units.
>Question---are they worth considering for the 900 band or are not
>even worth a second look.
>Thanks for any input.
>John  K7FPM

True 900 MHz radios are common enough.

I'd pass on them unless they are remote
mount and you can get them for really really
cheap (like one to two dollars a piece)
AND if the cables are't cut.  It seems that
every removal monkey just cuts the cable
in half and rips it out from each end.

Personally, I'd love to find a cable and B5 head
kit for a remote mount Spectra.

I know a couple more folks that would love to
convert a front mount Spectra to a remote mount.
With cars getting smaller and smaller, there
are probably a lot more folks out there that would
like to as well.

Mike WA6ILQ