As Scanner Listeners  And some on this group are actual users ,I found this
very informative. And Yes I do agree that The FD and Anyone that have to use
the New Radios and Put their Life on the line depending on them this is Very
Important

The 2 FD Guys did a Great Job on this too

Happy Scanning

Don KA9QJG

Interesting audio quality tests with various p25/analog radios under various
noise conditions conducted by firefighters of Maple Bluff, WI FD.

http://www.mapleblufffire.com/videos/Narrowband-radio-test

Prior to January 1, 2013, emergency service departments nationwide will need to
comply with the new FCC narrowband guidelines. On February 24, 2010 the Maple
Bluff Fire Department (MBFD), in Dane County WI, performed an unbiased and
impartial radio test. We compared the sound quality of the Kenwood TK-5210,
Motorola XTS-2500, Motorola XTS-5000, Motorola APX-7000, EF Johnson SL 5100,
Tait 9135, and ICOM 9011 under normal firefighter work conditions. These radios
were tested in Digital and Analog modes. The Maple Bluff Fire Department is not
endorsing any particular manufacturer, vendor, or radio type, and realize there
are radios on the market that were not tested. The radios seen in this test
were selected by availability at the time of the test. We hope this video is
useful and informative for you and your department.