-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com  On Behalf Of ka9qjg1

Hello hope Everyone is doing well,  I  have ran into a little Problem and
thought I would get some  suggestions on how to resolve it
I have a Motorola Micor 224.40 repeater  built By Scott N3XCC , here on the
Repeater builder group; it has worked   great for over 3 Yrs.

I have a Few Hams in the area   who do not have 220 but the  know and would
like to talk to some of their friends who do  ,  So I took My Kenwood TM-631
Duel band  found a  Local 2 Meter Simplex that Myself and  a few others have
been using for over 20 Yrs .
I turned the 220 Transmit down as low as I could get it which   is  2 Watts
That  goes into a Bird 100Watt  Dummy load .  The 2 Meter side I have set a
10 watts and a 3 In muffing  Fan that runs while Transmitting   It runs nice
and Cool ,

Everyone likes  it and it works fine Except that is has been keying up on
the 2 Meter side off and on  sometimes as long as 3 4 Min  Unfortunately I
had disabled the TOT And  on this Radio  you can only have a PL On one side
and I need that on the 220 side .

What I think is going on is that the Micor 220 has a Very small signal on
the output always being transmitted. No big deal except for what I "am
trying to do and that will random bring up the 2 Meter Transmit.

This radio has the 6 In Pigtails coming out to a SO-239  I wrapped them with
Foil and Moved the Duel band radio  about  10 ft away from the Repeater
which is in a 4 ft Motorola case .  The link is being Id When the Repeater
is being used.

Any thoughts will be great appreciated, The hams using this really like it
that don't have 220 they can now use their 2 Meter Mobile and Ht .

Thanks Don

KA9QJG