At 3/23/2010 03:05, you wrote:

>Are you aware of the old GE and RCA technique that was given
>the derogatory name of "chicken burst" ??  It's how everybody
>avoided a patent infringement lawsuit from Moto Legal in the
>60s and 70s.

I never heard a G.E. radio do that (drop tone before dropping TX).

I have both MVP (Versatone, which respond to G.E. reverse burst) & Mastr
Pro RXs (don't respond to reverse burst) uplink RXs in my system, so I
added a delay to my Mastr II uplink TX in order to get reverse burst
followed by about half a second of unmodulated carrier before TX drop.

Bob NO6B