Yep, there it is, in black and white!  I've got to get some new glasses for
these tired old eyes...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nj902
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:36 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Exciter Filter in a UHF MSR2000 Station

The alignment procedure for this filter is part of the UHF Transmitter
section in the UHF Base and Repeater Station manual [e.g. 68P81061E55-C].

If you look at the schematic for the exciter [e.g. PEPS-37344-C covering
TLE5502A simplex / TLE5512B duplex] you will find within the bandpass filter
FL101 that there are four tuning designations: L709, L710, L711, L712.

The UHF transmitter Alignment Procedure [e.g. PEPS-37343-B] is where you
will find steps 10 and 12 that describe the alignment of L709 - L712.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , "Eric Lemmon" <wb6...@...>
wrote:

"... I have all three MSR2000 manuals, and the only reference I found to the
bandpass filter was in the troubleshooting charts, where it stated that a
possible solution to correct low power output was to adjust FL101.
Unfortunately, it did not elaborate on the procedure to follow. No doubt,
the four coils should be stagger-tuned to achieve a bandpass characteristic.
..."