From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Adkins
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 8:54 PM
To: repeater-builder
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Question about antenna seperation

We are considering installing a 2-meter repeater, standard 600 kHz spacing,
with separate antennas for transmit and receive, looking at phasing together
2 DB-228's for RX and 2 DB-228's for TX and using a high-power transmitter,
such as a Motorola Nucleus at 250-300w or other high-power transmitter.

Does anyone have a formula or know what formula would need to be used to
determine the amount of vertical separation needed to provide the isolation
required for such a duplex operation?

We are wanting separate TX and RX antennas because of plans to have the
repeater on a platform located 1200' in the air, and heliax runs are not
practicable.

--
James Adkins, KB0NHX