From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kq7dx
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 2:10 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] To Hear Clear,or not to Hear Clear......

Hello to group,
A thanks to the group for all the help to my prior posts. Your time to post
and reply was very much appreciated thanks!!.

Well my question here was on "hear clear"...
I have noticed some repeaters back east use it. In the menu you can enable
it for any channel in your radio, and disable it for other repeaters that
dont use it, so channel specific is good.
The only negative I saw was that it would probably only work on Motorola
radios and the Johnson or Kenwoods would not benefit or maybe sound poor to
them. But since most the guys in  my city use Motorola [GTX,
Spectra,Maxtrac]I didnt see that as a problem.
 So Is there anyone using it in their repeater that can tell me if it is
worth doing.
Does it really improve the audio.
At 2.5kc Dev we could use a compander for the weak voices.

Thanks again and 73s