At 4/12/2010 08:34 AM, you wrote:
>At 08:16 AM 04/12/10, you wrote:
> >I'm making plans to link my 2-meter repeater to a 220 mhz hub
> >repeater. What type of transceiver, radios, etc is best for a 220
> >link ? Thanks !
>
>One big question is what's your duty cycle going to be?
>
>Another is what is your potential desense going to be?
>Back before we lost 220-222 one system in an area that
>used in-high and out-low on UHF was going to use a couple
>of low end channels as inbound link frequencies until he did
>the math...  There was no way he could make a 250w
>system near 441.750 live with a receiver near 220.800.

Why not?  If the TX were 220.80 I could possibly see an unresolvable 2nd
harmonic issue, but subharmonics from the 441.750 TX can always be
suppressed.  A long time ago we had such a problem with 1/2 the TX freq. of
a UHF MVP equal to the input freq. of a 220 repeater at the same site.  Had
to pull the exciter out of the MVP & put it in an RF-tight box, but there
were no problems after that.

Bob NO6B