  From: Mike Besemer (WM4B)
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:42 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Pager Interference Revisited

  Milt,

  Not sure what you mean by 'come and go'.  It's there when the pager
transmitter is up, gone when it's not.  It also comes and goes with heat and
sun. we may have days with no interference if it's cool and cloudy or just
plain cold.  Rain makes no difference.

  Nothing remarkable about the audio. sounds like clean, clear paging tones.
Never heard anything els

  There is an abundance of TV stations, DTV, translators, AM, FM. you name it.

   The paging signals are both, depending on which site it's coming from.

   I can get my hands on pretty much anything I need.  Spectrum analyzer is no
problem.  I have a good 'connection'.  Did some hunting with a spectrum
analyzer last year to no avail, but now that I have the ability to call the
system and have it send out a page we have a little better advantage.

   I'd call the area 'populated', but not 'urban'.  Mostly housing around the
site, but plenty of industry (and towers) visible from the top of the water
tank.  (We are, by the way, the only user on the tank.)