Hi Folks,

I'm starting to work on the 6 meter portion of the repeater
system here, and have a question about the link receiver's
antenna.

The existing 2 meter repeater is a Quantar feeding the
duplexers.  On the 'Antenna' port of the duplexer I've put
an in-line diplexer, with the 'UHF' port feeding a UHF Visar
(used as the control receiver for the repeater).  The antenna
is a DB-224.

No desense, all works well, including the UHF control receiver.
Probably not as good as a separate UHF antenna, but then it's
'free'.

Now, I want to hook up the 6 meter link receiver (UHF Maxtrac).
The actual 6 meter receiver is about 8 miles away LOS, and the
link transmitter is putting out about 1/4 watt.

I could put a 'T' in the UHF side of the diplexer, and feed
both of the UHF receivers simultaneously, but I know that there
will be a reduction in signal.

However, is this reduction really going to affect the link
that much?  For the 2m control receiver, I don't expect it to
have as good of range as the 2 meter repeater itself - I just
need to be able to shut things down remotely. - probably from
a mobile unit.  I was going to use a ground plane for the link
transmitter, but could put in a small yagi to increase the
link's erp.

Is there a way to minimize the loss?  (without a lot of extra
stuff).

Thanks,

Tim  W5FN