Some people have successfully fought their local phone company, using the
argument that amateur radio is specifically NOT a business (citing Part 97),
and gotten residential or other cheaper rates than the business line rate.
OTOH, some phone companies have refused to accomodate hams, stating that the
tower location is obviously not a residence.

Try contacting your nearest ARRL volunteer counsel...  he might try writing a
carefully drafted letter on your behalf.  Letters from lawyers often get better
results than letters from Joe Ham...

George, KA3HSW / WQGJ413

Walter H <walter.howard...@gmail.com>