> Instead of piston trimmers you might want to try ARCO
> padders (postage stamp size that can tolerate higher levels
> of rf current) or small air variable capacitors. I have
> nfound both at reasonable prices at this site:

A generic statement that has merit in this subject

"Q is everything" and the Q of an Arco cap ("padder") is probably
no where near as good as a decent piston cap.

Ebay provides the occasional deal on nice piston caps.  If you're
not at a critical current location, the A49 piston caps in the
following sale ad work for some applications.

http://www.hamtronics.com/sale.htm

s.