Tim wrote:
> I think I've found a way to make it work.
>
> 1.  Got some brass tubing that is just about the same
>       diameter as the rg-8's center conductor & poly.
>       (might have to use some silicon grease to make it
>       slide a bit easier).

Tip...

I made a lot of antennas using hobby brass tubing.  I found that the
center conductor and dielectric from quality RG-8 was slightly too large
for the (5/16"?) hobby brass, HOWEVER, the center conductor and
dielectric from legacy Radio Shack solid dielectric coax sleeved in with
a nice snug fit.  The RS coax was of poor quality (in my opinion)
because of the lack of adequate shielding, but this made good use of
otherwise poor quality cable.  YMMV.

Kevin Custer