Re: Silver plating of cavities advice please?
(pull it out, put the enamel back)

Oh, we weren't talking about teeth...

> n9...@... wrote:
> Silver oxide unlike copper oxide remains a good conductor
> and does not need cleaned.

However, I believe the tarnish forming on silver when
exposed to ozone or hydrogen sulfide in the atmosphere
is Silver Sulfide.  Silver Sulfide Tarnish is not good
on critical contact surfaces (as in switch contacts) and
should be removed if it's causing trouble.

> The best use would be the high current areas around the
> top of the  cavity and loops, also the sliding connection
> at the center conductor. I am  paraphrasing this info
> from some old DB products literature I used to  have.
> Chris
> N9LLO

Many of us still have those old Decibel Products Booklets and
related paperwork. Silver Plating is wonderful if you have
it or need and can get it done at a reasonable price.

Keywords "Reasonable Price" and of course there are ways to
do your own plating, especially with example videos available
on Youtube.

But Silver Plating is not an in-stone requirement for
a decent cavity like those used in the Motorola T-1500
series Duplexer.

s.