What diameter are the rods?  The older Sinclair VHF Hi cans used 5/16in
diameter whereas the newer cans used 1/4 in daiameter.

burkleoj wrote:
> Glenn, I need 6 of them for a Sinclair duplexer that I have.
>
> Someone cut the rods off when it was originally on a commercial
> frequency. The rods in my duplexer are so short that it will not tune
> below 147 MHz before they disappear inside the top of the cavity.

Very common when the frequencies are in the high 160s

> I can get some dimensions for you to see if the ones you have may
> work.
>
> Thanks, Joe - WA7JAW

You can buy invar rod material from some metal suppliers but you won't
like the price. It normally comes in 12ft lengths but the dealers will
cut it in half in order to ship UPS. The last time I bought some (around
1990) the price was $30/lb.  The dealer was Diezel (or Diesel) Metals on
Long Island somewhere.  I still have some left from that order.

FYI Invar is an allow consisting of exactly 35.16% nickel with the
remainder iron.  It is magnetic and will corrode in a damp environment
leaving a green "rust" on the surface.

Burt  VE2BMQ