From: Jed Barton <j...@jedbarton.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sat, July 17, 2010 1:32:14 AM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] dispatch consoles

Hey guys,

Thought i would throw this out there.
The ambulance company i work for, we are thinking perhaps of putting in a
dispatch console, we're so busy with calls, that it makes more sense, and we
wanna do some more things.
We're gonna have 3, possibly 4 channels.
I was thinking perhaps a zetron 4010, but perhaps someone has another idea.
Remember, we're dealing with dumb dispatchers, so simple is the name of the
game, buttons no mouse to key the moc.
I'm a big fan of the kiss theory, keep it simple stupid.
We may possibly send off 2 tones on  one of our channels.  Any thoughts?
My thought was perhaps to look for a used console, not sure what these
consoles go for new.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed