Hi Folks,

Well, I got the hardline duplexers completed for
6 meters, and after a shakey start, they now work
at power.  Looks like about 100dB notch & 1.5dB
loss through each set of 3 'cans'.

Using RG-142 as the inter-can connections, and
RG-214 between the TX/RX & duplexer.

All the 'business' ends of the hardline duplexer
cans are totally shielded.

Hooked the antenna port to a dummy load with sampling
port (to inject the RX freq), and we got lots of
desense.

With a Bird inline with the TX input, it shows 80W
going in, 0 reflected.  50 W coming out of the antenna
port.  The match looks good.

Am using a micor repeater shelf for the RX, but using
a converted micor mobile as the TX.  It is located above
the RX.  All shields are in place, both TX & RX.

I guess the basic question is whether using a Micor Mobile
is a good choice.  (it was chosen as it was available)

I cranked down the power to 5 watts (using one of the caps
on the PA).  Granted, sometimes these guys get unstable
doing it that way, but the desense seemed just as bad.
Perhaps I just introduced a different desense cause by trying
it.

Anyhow, just curious about the viability of using the micor
mobile as a TX in repeater service.  I understand about heatsink/
heat issues, and plan to run it at reduced power (per motorola
tuning sheet).

Thanks,

Tim  W5FN