The solder jumpers D Data and F Flat only affect the freq response of
the transmitted audio. A wrong setting wouldn't interfere with PTT. I
think there was a drawing in the manual linked below, illustrating the
locations.

Are you grounding the PTT line and have reprogrammed the radio to allow
external PTT?

Regarding the speaker, are you getting the audio you need from the
connector, but you want to disable the internal speaker? Maybe inserting
a 3.5mm plug in the speaker connector on the back will mute the internal
speaker. You could put a resistor inside the plug to provide a load.

Duane
AB8QU