Hello group,

I have been playing with repeaters for quite some time and now I finally own a
"real" piece of test equipment. An HP 8924c, before almost dumping more money
into one more, one function, piece of equipment, a spectrum analyzer, I found
these 8924c's on eBay...  Shopped for about 6 months and found a 100W version
for less then a K so I'm very pleased.

The manual for this unit is not designed to walk you through any of the analog
test procedures or setup. I've figured some of the simple stuff out. Duplex
tests, spectrum analyzer/tracking gen ect. and I love this thing so far. Right
now before I start dabbling with my first full on GE Mastr RX alignments I'd
like to make some sensitivity tests (the right way). There's a lot of bells and
whistles on this HP and I think there's some built in sinad measurement tools.
I also would like to know how to make the old standard 20db reff test as well
as the 12db sinad.

Is there any information I missed about using this 8924c's for it's analog
functions, setup and test procedures??? Also I plan on building a sampler slug
for my bird43 other then that what else is really needed in the tool box for
this unit. I plan on using it for TX/RX alignments, band-pass, notch filter
adjustments, duplexer isolation, antenna and feed line analysis. Sorry for this
very noob of a question but elmers around here with any knowledge of this unit
just don't exist. And my friend with an ifr1200 tried to get me started on the
sinad testing but I think there is an easier procedure for this HP 8924.c.

Thanks for your time RB's
Regards Ross kc7rjk
www.kc7rjk.net