Hi Kevin,
The desense is a staticy reception of "weaker" signals( ie an HT at 25
miles) It had gotten worse as it started to affect strong signals too. If  the
transmitter was turned off, the repeater could hear just fine. Problem is
intermittent and often followed a rainy day. We replaced "EVERYTHING" A UHF
repeater on the same tower is unaffected. At this point we think the "new"
antenna is failing. Tower sections have been bonded grounds improved etc  etc

In a message dated 8/8/2010 9:57:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,