Thomas Oliver wrote:

I am in need of a 2-5 watt range amp to drive an external amplifier, the stock VHF MVP amp is adjustable from 8-25 watts output,

I think by bypassing Q202 I will be close to my goal. I need to know where to connect the coax to keep Q201 from getting mad.

I have done this on UHF MVP's before but the VHF amp is coupled differently between stages.

Schematic here:  www.repeater-builder.com/ge/lbi-library/lbi-30143a.pdf

Try removing Q202 and placing a coupling capacitor between the pads where the Base and Collector were. Something between 100 and 470 pF should do it. I'd use a silver mica with short leads.

Kevin