Ahhh...gotta love Fridays!

Yes...there is the "Jesus nut" on a helicopter, and a "Jesus bolt" in the
rotorhead of a gyroplane, and fixed-wing pilots like to chide us about both. I
like to ask them how things will go if the bolt holding the wing strut on a
Cessna 172 lets go. Then, I remind them that during pre-flight inspection, I
can see mine, and they can't see theirs!

I'm still not sure how helicopters fly at night. How does the ground continue
to repel them when it can no longer see how ugly they are?

This is NOT an off-topic post. It's the first half of a metaphor.

In aviation, we're taught to spend all our pre-flight time checking out the
hardware, when 90% of the problems are pilot error.

Go ahead, say it with me...

In repeaters, we spend all our time up on the mountain in the dark risking
snake bites and mouse-turd-borne diseases, when 90% of the issues are caused by
the users....OK, 99%...

;^)

73,
Paul, AE4KR