At 09:09 AM 08/29/10, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I know it's a dumb question, but after scouring the internet for
>info, I find everything about locks and replacement keys for
>Motorolas and other radios, but I still don't know what locking the
>Mitrek actually does.  Does it kill all power to the radio, or
>disable certain functions?  I'm asking because I just acquired a
>low-band Mitrek that I need to power up and verify its working
>condition.  It doesn't have a control head, so I need to use the
>front panel pins, but if the radio is locked, I may end up getting
>nowhere and still not know if it's either the radio that is bad, it
>is locked out, or I wired it wrong.  This is the first Mitrek I've
>had.  Thanks for any help.
>Jeff KP3FT

<http://www.repeater-builder.com/keyspage/keyspage-index.html>

Please don't solder to the front connector pins.  Get hold of
a matching connector and solder to that.

Please go to this web page at
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/mitrek/mitrek-index.html>
and scroll down to the Low Band section and read the articles on 6m mods.

Then scroll down to the "Non-RF" section and read the two articles titled
"Interfacing the Mitrek mobile radio to your repeater controller"
and
"Karl AK2O and the Spokane Repeater Group have a different take on
converting the Mitrek".

Both have good info on interfacing (i.e. connecting to the radio) and
mounting/cooling.

Mike WA6ILQ