To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: k1ike_m...@snet.net
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:51:48 -0400
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Wouxun Radio

    Well, some will be appliance operators, but a few will take an
    interest and become the future of ham radio.  We need the "head
    count" to keep our hobby alive and well.  I've seen many new hams
    that had no background in electronics get their ticket by memorizing
    the test.  They then dove into the hobby and became true assets to
    the hobby.  Others just like to talk, and that's OK too.  I guess
    I'm and optimist.

    Oh, I've been doing this ham radio since 1958, so I think I can say
    the above with some creditability.

    Welcome to all the new hams, no matter how you got your ticket.

    73, Joe, K1ike