Hi all,
Thanks for the previous advice on the Mitrek lockout key; I ordered one
off Ebay and it worked fine.
Opened the radio up and everything looks visually OK, all the channel
elements are there, no burned components, etc.  I read through the
Repeater-Builder's Mitrek webpages and figured out the pins for hookup.
I was wondering if anyone could look over some sections of the Mitrek
schematic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/files/Mitrek%20Lowband/>
I posted in the Files section under the folder "Mitrek Lowband",
regarding the PTT circuit.  I circled the areas in question in red and
blue.  (I also hyperlinked to the various schematic sections in this
message).  I just want some verification before I start wiring up the
radio.  I found another website where the author said to jumper pin #1
to pin #25 on the interconnect board connection
<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wBWDTM_dzohoZJ1M25svBvhmyUk3YStFZKcbHdVjzc\
HCTQSgFE9U0-wFOU3PHUQL3NIWEGUG1ndFPkhYrLdul9o1/Mitrek%20Lowband/intercon\
nect_board.jpg>  , and then just ground pin #13 of the cable connector
(or pin #13 on the front of the radio in my case) for PTT operation.
(Pin #24 of the interconnect board connector is the same as pin #13 of
the cable connector) My questions are:
1.  What does the jumper do and is it beneficial for beacon operation?
Here is the schematic section
<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wBWDTDg1U9VoZJ1MJmrSx6917ZszwfFtwKxh8c5tPr\
Kp1IiKeb_dd_z6o52LjBRH6eMjcKXGvRCwASnBIgIJ8PUE/Mitrek%20Lowband/mitrek_P\
TT.jpg>  of the PTT circuit.
2.  I will be using the Mitrek solely as a transmitter beacon, so RX is
not necessary.  I'll have to disable the antenna relay
<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wBWDTJ0GE-FoZJ1MoIPDEYBXLqbbFZph6Eymc3u9dF\
QYPG2vhGbVYg92QCtUhDuNVVr89_tTKgsBysS0H3B3Q5eW/Mitrek%20Lowband/Antenna_\
Relay.jpg>   because it won't last long during constant beacon
operation, plus it isn't even needed.  Can I just disable the relay by
cutting power to it and wire the PA output directly to the antenna jack
(two points circled in blue)?  Or, just keep voltage on the relay so the
RX section is always switched out and the TX switched in?  Probably
easier that way.
3. The radio has the PL board installed; can I just remove it so it
doesn't introduce anything into the carrier, or just leave it alone?  I
can't tell from reading through the various websites and the schematic
if the PL-encode is enabled automatically or if it needs switching on,
in which case I will leave it off.
Thanks for any advice.
Jeff KP3FT