> Since you have both, can you shed some light on the differences between the
> KG-UVD1P & KG-UVD2D?

I have been on contact with Ed Griffin from wouxun.us. He actually
does respond to email questions. When I asked him something similar,
he explained:

> First there was the KG-UVD1, in which 1750 Hz call tone was weak.
> Then there was the KG-UVD1P (first generation) which had short DTMF tones.
> Then there was the KG-UVD1P (second generation) which had the
> longer DTMF tones and continues to be in production.

The KG-UVD2 is the same as the 2nd generation KG-UVD1P, just the
case is slightly different. Chargers, battaries, microphones
are exchangable.

I measured a first-generation 1P and a 2.

One of the radios has serial J06-6587. J means 2010, 06 means June.

There are a few wouxun groups on yahoogroups on which there's a lot
of activity.

Geert Jan