At 03:11 PM 9/8/2010, RichardK wrote:

>Good evening, our club has a Wacom WP-639 four can duplexer as part
>of our repeater system. Input Fq is 147.915 and Output Fq is
>147.315. We have a 600kHz (+) offset. Very simply, our main problem
>is when we run the transmitter at full power 100 watts, there is a
>HUGE desense on the receive side of things. When we drop the
>transmitter power level to around 20-50 watts, the receive side
>opens WAY up to a large area where people can get into the repeater.
>As we begin to bring up the transmitter power, "white noise" begins
>to appear and the receive side starts to desense again. All the
>cables have been switched to double sheilded cables and all the same
>wavelength in length. We have the duplexer seperated & sheilded from
>the transmitter & preamp parts. We have not replaced the antenna
>feed coax with double sheilded coax yet. Antenna is a Hustler G7
>atop a 55' mast. The duplexer was retuned just over 1 year ago. Any
>suggestions as to what we could look into next? Some of us believe
>the problem is with the tuning of the duplexer receive cans. Thank
>you very much.

<---The WP-639 is spec'd at only 80 db of isolation @ a 600 kHz
split. At 100 watts, that simply isn't enough to prevent desense. You
need more isolation

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"