Hello,

There is a lot of chatter in the Replicant IRC these days. I got ZNC to
work on my server, but I'm kinda a n00b and it was pretty difficult. I
still don't have full logs, but I bet I can fix that in the settings
without too much more work. I'm assuming that some of the more talented
among us have been keeping full logs of the IRC convos saved locally for
a while, allowing them to do a full historical search of them by
keyword. I'd like to have this set up as well. I'm planning on setting
something like this up soon using something like this program:
https://github.com/mapkyca/IRCLogBot

It is a bot that logs a channel's conversation in the markdown format.

Here's a git repo from a free software IRC channel that uses the bot:
https://github.com/mapkyca/KnownchatLogs

I was curious if the community would like me to publish these logs in a
web enabled git repo. Or, for privacy or other reasons, would it be bad
to publish them?

It was said in the IRC chat when I asked about this that, before I start
publishing the logs, a mention should be put in the channel topic that
archives of the chat will be published on the web. Does this seem like a
good idea?

This might make it easier to update the Replicant Wiki as well, as we
could all brainstorm in the IRC and then one of us could look up the
discussion later and update the Wiki with the info that was first
written in various IRC conversations throughout various days.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

In Solidarity,
Kurtis
FreeKurt.com