On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:24:52 +0000
Thomas Clarke <thomasc...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Replicant community,
>
> As the encryption passphrase seems to be limited to a maximum of 16
> characters. I'm curious to if there is any way to change the
> iteration count for when the passphrase is hashed.
I'm not familiar with how it works: while part of it seems standard
as it uses dm-crypt, another part (the dm-crypt parameters) seem to be
custom. Because of that, as far as I know, it's not possible to open
an encrypted data partition in GNU/Linux with standard tools like
cryptsetup, so you probably need custom tools for that.

As for changing the password, there is an f-droid application that
claims to be able to do that[1]. I didn't try it yet though.

Note that I didn't complete any review of f-droid applications for
potential freedom issues yet[2].