Thanks for sharing your experience.

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 19:27:21 +0100 J05HYYY via Replicant wrote:

> Another way might be to unpack the boot.img and see if the *.te files
> are in the boot.img

Setting selinux to permissive is essentially turning it off thus
reducing greatly the security of the OS. I don't want to do that.

*.te files are source files. They are not in the final boot.img.

I understand that some recompiling is necessary. I was hoping for a way
to modify just *.te and build just the selinux file, or at least just
boot.img, not the whole OS. Is that possible?

> Either way, you will need a supported device, and an unlocked
> bootloader, but really it goes without saying.

I have devices which are supported by Replicant and running it. I hope
it is possible to unpack the boot.img of each one, then replace the
selinux file with the modified one and repack.

Has you or anyone else done that? More helpful info would be very
welcome.