Package: reportbug
Version: 6.4.4+deb7u1
Severity: important
Tags: l10n

Dear Maintainer,

When using reportbug the first time, it asked me my name. Using my firstname
here (which is 'Bérenger') made reportbug crash, with this message:

====================
$ reportbug
Welcome to reportbug! Since it looks like this is the first time you have used
reportbug, we are configuring its behavior.
These settings will be saved to the file "/home/berenger/.reportbugrc", which
you will be free to edit further.
Please choose the default operating mode for reportbug.

1 novice    Offer simple prompts, bypassing technical questions.

2 standard  Offer more extensive prompts, including asking about things that a
moderately sophisticated user would be expected
            to know about Debian.

3 advanced  Like standard, but assumes you know a bit more about Debian,
including "incoming".

4 expert    Bypass most handholding measures and preliminary triage routines.
This mode should not be used by people
            unfamiliar with Debian's policies and operating procedures.

Select mode: [novice] 2
Will reportbug often have direct Internet access? (You should answer yes to
this question unless you know what you are doing
and plan to check whether duplicate reports have been filed via some other
channel.) [Y|n|q|?]?
What real name should be used for sending bug reports?
[Bérenger]>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 2206, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1080, in main
    return iface.user_interface()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1196, in user_interface
    offer_configuration(self.options)
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 576, in offer_configuration
    realname = realname.decode(charset, 'replace')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
    return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 1:
ordinal not in range(128)
====================

-- Package-specific info:
** Environment settings:
INTERFACE="text"

** /home/berenger/.reportbugrc:
reportbug_version "6.4.4"
mode standard
ui text
realname "Morel Berenger"
email "berenger.mo...@neutralite.org"
no-cc
header "X-Debbugs-CC: berenger.mo...@neutralite.org"
smtphost reportbug.debian.org

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 7.7
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 3.16-0.bpo.3-686-pae (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages reportbug depends on:
ii  apt               0.9.7.9+deb7u6
ii  python            2.7.3-4+deb7u1
ii  python-reportbug  6.4.4+deb7u1

reportbug recommends no packages.

Versions of packages reportbug suggests:
pn  claws-mail                               <none>
pn  debconf-utils                            <none>
pn  debsums                                  <none>
pn  dlocate                                  <none>
pn  emacs22-bin-common | emacs23-bin-common  <none>
ii  file                                     5.11-2+deb7u6
ii  gnupg                                    1.4.12-7+deb7u6
pn  postfix | exim4 | mail-transport-agent   <none>
pn  python-gtk2                              <none>
pn  python-gtkspell                          <none>
pn  python-urwid                             <none>
pn  python-vte                               <none>
pn  xdg-utils                                <none>

Versions of packages python-reportbug depends on:
ii  apt               0.9.7.9+deb7u6
ii  python            2.7.3-4+deb7u1
ii  python-debian     0.1.21
ii  python-debianbts  1.11