Your message dated Wed, 30 Dec 2015 23:44:15 +0000
with message-id 
and subject line Re: Bug#548533: reportbug: Ctrl+c doesn't exit until after 
pressing enter
has caused the Debian Bug report #548533,
regarding reportbug: CTRL+C has tremendous delay and sometimes does not execute
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact

Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: reportbug
Version: 6.2.2
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,
              I use reportbug quite a bit. This has started happening
after the GNOME 3 transition and perhaps reportbug updates as well.
This has been happening since last week.

What happens is say I want to file a report and then give some package
name and then file the reason. Sometimes at this stage, I want to
cancel the report for some reason or the other and I use CTRL+C .
Sometimes it works, sometimes it works with a delay and sometimes I
get no effect and I have no idea why it does not happen when it does
not happen.

Please lemme know if there is any more info. that is needed.

-- Package-specific info:
** Environment settings:

** /home/shirish/.reportbugrc:
reportbug_version "4.12.6"
bts debian
mode standard
ui text
email ""
header "X-Debbugs-CC:"
editor "leafpad"

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'),
(1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 3.0.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_IN, LC_CTYPE=en_IN (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages reportbug depends on:
ii  apt     
ii  python            2.7.2-9
ii  python-reportbug  6.2.2

reportbug recommends no packages.

Versions of packages reportbug suggests:
ii  debconf-utils                              <none>
ii  debsums                                    <none>
ii  dlocate                                    <none>
ii  emacs22-bin-common | emacs23-bin-common    <none>
ii  exim4                                      4.76-3
ii  exim4-daemon-light [mail-transport-agent]  4.76-3
ii  file                                       5.09-2
ii  gnupg                                      1.4.11-3
ii  python-gtk2                                2.24.0-2
ii  python-gtkspell                            <none>
ii  python-urwid                               <none>
ii  python-vte                                 1:0.28.2-1
ii  xdg-utils                                  1.1.0~rc1-2

-- no debconf information
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
  My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Josh Triplett <> wrote:
> Reportbug says:
> Please briefly describe your problem (max. 100 characters allowed; you can 
> elaborate in a moment; an empty response will stop reportbug). This will be 
> the bug
> email subject, so write a concise summary of what is wrong with the package, 
> for example, "fails to send email" or "does not start with -q option 
> specified"
> (enter Ctrl+c to exit).
> However, pressing Ctrl+c does not exit until after I subsequently press
> enter.

this seems to no longer happen, hence closing.

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website:
Me at Debian:

--- End Message ---
Reportbug-maint mailing list

Reply via email to